Comprehensive documentation and reporting solution supports improved outcomes, quality compliance, and staff satisfaction
ARMONK, NY – November 10th, 2015 – AmkaiSolutions, a subsidiary of Surgical Information Systems and an industry leader in providing innovative electronic solutions to ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs), surgical hospitals and surgical practices, announced the general availability of AmkaiCharts 3.6. The latest version of the electronic medical record (EMR) system incorporates enhancements to better support the workflow needs of ASCs and surgical hospitals while simplifying user interaction.
With AmkaiCharts 3.6, users can benefit from a number of new features such as:
- Automated case documentation management that sends the clinical record from AmkaiCharts to AmkaiOffice when the chart is signed by an auditor or the patient is discharged from the facility, enabling billing staff to receive the chart in near real-time.
- A customizable audit reporting tool that enables a facility to generate an unlimited number of custom audit reports to best meet the facility’s auditing and peer review needs.
- History & Physical creation from within the patient’s clinical chart to satisfy requirements for clearance documentation on the date of service, which streamlines the documentation process.
- Automated staff entry functionality that automatically populates the nurse’s name into a chart for a particular area of care when the nurse opens the case staff record.
- Direct admit functionality that enables facilities to easily chart patients that are directly admitted to the facility without being scheduled first.
AmkaiCharts 3.6 was validated at Grants Pass Surgery Center in Grants Pass, Oregon, and Arete Surgical Center in Johnstown, Colorado. “As an early adopter of electronic medical records for ASCs, I believe in the efficiencies that an EMR brings to our workflow,” said Mike Moline, Systems Admin at Grants Pass. “It is important to us to work with AmkaiSolutions to continually improve the product, and AmkaiCharts 3.6 delivers new functionality that streamlines the user experience.”
Previously, Moline validated AmkaiCharts 3.5, which established integration with two patient portals, One Medical Passport and Simple Admit. “Having the ability for patients to enter their medical histories and medications online before admission, and then have that data flow into Amkai after nurse verification, saves our nurses significant time and improves patient satisfaction.”
AmkaiSolutions would like to thank the teams at Grants Pass Surgery Center and Arete Surgical Center for their hard work in validating Amkai product releases including AmkaiCharts 3.6.
“Grants Pass and Arete have been excellent validation partners, and their work is contributing to the Triple Aim – improving patient experience and population health while reducing the cost of healthcare,” said Tom Stampiglia, President and Chief Executive Officer for AmkaiSolutions. “As regulatory requirements continue to strengthen for outpatient surgery centers and surgical hospitals, administrators are looking to comprehensive EMR solutions that make it easier to manage compliance and streamline documentation processes while improving provider satisfaction.”
 Source: Parsons Institute for Information Mapping
AmkaiSolutions™ is a trusted industry leader, offering innovative software solutions and services to the full spectrum of outpatient surgery providers- ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals and associated practices and clinics. Our solutions help outpatient surgery facilities increase administrative and clinical efficiency and profitability, allowing them to focus on patient satisfaction. Our growing product line includes AmkaiCharts, the leading EMR in the outpatient industry and AmkaiOffice, a next-generation management software solution designed to replace and enhance the “legacy” systems in use today. The AmkaiSolutions team’s extensive experience in the outpatient surgery industry positions us well to bring substantial new streamlining and added benefits to the market. AmkaiSolutions is a subsidiary of Surgical Information Systems. For more information visit www.amkai.com
AmkaiSolutions, AmkaiEnterprise, AmkaiOffice and AmkaiCharts are trademarks of Amkai LLC. SIS, the SIS logo, and Surgical Information Systems are trademarks of Surgical Information Systems, LLC. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.